– Joan Salisbury Women’s Ministries, Cross of Hope Albuquerque, NM
Finding the right speaker can be hard. As a person who has planned countless events, I’ve been in your shoes.
I’ve also sat in many audiences thinking, “Do they have a point?” Or worse , “Why do they have so many points?”
This is not a position in which any event organizer wants to find themselves.
I’d love to take the guesswork out of the equation for you and give you full confidence in your speaker and their message.
I know you have choices, so thank you for taking the time to learn how I might serve you and your group. I’ve designed this page to help answer as many questions as possible.
If you need anything along the way, just stop off here and let me know.
What you can expect from me:
- A Tailored Message
- Biblical, Relational Content
- A Professionally Trained Speaker
- An Uncommon Emphasis on Your Objectives
- Timely Responses
Ready to get started? I’d be delighted to chat with you by email or phone.
Get to know me:
Growing up the youngest of 14 children, I love to weave together my faith story and biblical truth. I am passionate about others, and thrive when teaching a small group or speaking before a crowd of many. I strive to strike the balance between encouragement and speaking truth – always keeping God’s word at the center of my messages.
I am professionally trained in outreach and communications, and have been a student of God’s word for over 12 years. I pride myself on my special attention to your audience’s unique needs and my ability to communicate God’s truth in an actionable, authentic way.
Sarah’s Preview Video:
For Women – individual sessions
“Loving Your Neighbor: A modern guide to an ancient command”
In today’s busy world it seems harder than ever to find ways to “love our neighbors as ourselves.” Even though Jesus commands it in scripture, from Leviticus to Galatians, many don’t know where to begin. I will walk you through three practical methods, including cooking, praying and doing what you love, that will illustrate how you can get started. I will also share ups and downs with my extensive personal experience and my passion for reaching others. You will leave this session equipped and inspired to obey this command, not just read it.
“Digging up your Talents”
(Also part of a Weekend Retreat Experience, See “TREASURE”)
This compelling, visually aided presentation is based on Matthew 25. As we go deeper into this passage, I teach about the different types of talents and give you 4 reasons God wants you to dig them up – not bury them! The reasons we explore are: God doesn’t want you to be afraid to use them, hide them, compare them to others’ or miss the blessing of using our gifts. With shovel in hand, I will bring you renewed encouragement to get digging! This session is loaded with personal application and depth – you will never look at a shovel the same again.
“Faith at Home”
In this session, I unwrap the mystery of the wisdom found in Deuteronomy 6:4-9. Through this passage, we discover 3 methods to “impress” faith in your children’s lives which come direct from the text: Tie, Bind and Write. These easily achievable methods will become a solid foundation for your family as you understand the modern day relevance of this Old Testament teaching.
“SAFEguarding Your Marriage” with Craig and Sarah Beckman
Join the many men and women whose marriages have been changed, and challenged, by this full weekend retreat or one-hour session. We disarm the audience as we use humor, personal examples, biblical foundations and reliable resources to illuminate the investments you can make to protect and strengthen your marriage. Craig’s corporate experience will help any husband feel at home, and Sarah’s passion for the teaching shines through as they share personal experience and insight. This is not your typical “churchy” Couples marriage talk!
Equally well-loved when presented by Sarah to women alone, this session can be modified accordingly for your women’s group. Fair warning: if Sarah presents to the women, they WILL ask you to present it again for their husbands!
Safe marriage was great! I can’t wait to get home and get started!” -SAFEguarding Seminar attendee
“BE STILL AND KNOW I’M GOD”
Walk the journey of Psalm 46:10 in a 2-4 Session Weekend Retreat. (Each session may also stand alone.)
- “Your Presence is Present Enough” Step out of the traffic of your daily life and walk alongside me as I lead you beside still waters. You will learn to be still by adding 4 key “BE-haviors” – be content, be present, be listening and be quiet, to your daily journey with God. We will seek God’s wisdom on each of these behaviors by looking to scriptures that support them. This session is 45 minutes in duration and I have optional study session material for a quiet time follow- up that can be anywhere from 30 min. to 1-hr in length.
- “How can you know me? Let me show you the ways…” Examine what it means to truly KNOW God and learn the ways he reveals himself to us. This session involves biblical discovery of various Gospel lessons as well as Psalm 46 to illustrate knowing God through his teaching, his voice and his character.
- “I AM GOD…you’re not!” Consider what it means to let God be God in your life by avoiding 3 major detours we commonly take. As we dive into Exodus 14 and Psalm 46, I will illuminate the detours of worry, fear and self-control in our lives. With a visually “arresting” presentation, replete with caution tape, traffic vest and orange cones, I will make you laugh, cry and want to become a traffic cop all at the same time!
Join me as I uncover the Treasure found within the text of Matthew 25. You will come away renewed and encouraged to “start digging” as over the course of 3 sessions you will learn:
- “Becoming God’s Treasure” – Many times we are given negative labels by the world that separate us from one another and from what God thinks of us. When we “wear” those labels, we aren’t living fully as God intends. You will learn about 3 labels God wants you to wear: wonderful, loved, forgiven and the supporting scripture. There is also an interactive element to this session.
- “The Treasure Giver” – We understand God as our Treasure Giver by learning 3 valuable lessons found within the 3 parables of Matthew 25. Each parable allows us to further understand His desire for how we live fully during our time on Earth.
- “Digging up Your Treasure” – The Parable of the Talents serves as the foundation for this session. We uncover 4 reasons why God wants us to dig up our treasure. With visual encouragement, this session is a crowd favorite as attendees learn why they should get their shovels out and start digging.
I’d love to discuss topics with you, and share from my extensive list of other sessions that might suit your audience. No question is too big or too small!
I would be honored and blessed to serve your group.