My license plate says 14th 1, but 14 is more than just a number to me. It signifies that I am the fourteenth child in my family. The baby of the family—and yes, I’m a tad demanding and a wee bit spoiled. My old office was #214, and when I had to move across the hall, my sweet hubby put a handmade sign on the door that says “Room 14.” (And as I write this I’m hardly able to contain myself because it’s just 14 days until my first book launches!) The number 14 has always showed up in my life in meaningful ways.
I like to think of it as God’s way of reminding me he has a plan and purpose for my life, and he wants me to know it!
Here are a few more fabulous 14 related affirmations I’ve experienced:
- I signed a publishing contract on December 14, 2016 for my first book.
- When my publisher told me we were going to launch in February, 2017 they asked if I had any affinity to the numbers 7, 14, 21 or 28 because books release on Tuesdays and those were the dates that month.
- We chose Tuesday, February 14, 2017 because, um YES! I have an affinity to that number.
- My book launch day is exactly 14 months from when I signed my publishing contract.
- I dreamed of getting my mom (the one who birthed all 14 of us kids) an early copy of my book for her birthday, September 14. And YES, the very first copy of Alongside was delivered to her doorstep on 9.14.16.
- My favorite verse of all time happens to be Exodus 14:14 “The Lord your God will fight for you; you only have to be still.” This verse was a theme for my life during all the hard times I endured on bed rest and four back surgeries, as I had to really learn to be still. It still serves as a reminder to let God do his thing, and not to try and control everything on my own!
Those are just a few key places that the number 14 has shown up powerfully in my life, but what I find even more incredible is that there are tons of verses in the Bible that are meaningful to me with the citation of verse 14. I love to use scripture to encourage people in times of trial or crisis, so I gathered 14 favorites with verse 14 you can use to encourage others who are facing rough patches in their lives.
14 Bible Verses with Verse 14 to Encourage and Equip
Exodus 14:14 “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Judges 6:14 “The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?”
Psalm 27:14 “Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage, wait for the Lord!”
Psalm 119:114 “You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.”
Psalm 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
Psalm 145:14 “The Lord helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads.”
Isaiah 54:14 “…And you will be established on a foundation of righteousness. You will be far from oppression, you will certainly not be afraid; you will be far from terror, it will certainly not come near you.”
Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.”
John 10:14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me.”
John 14:14 “If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.”
Galatians 5:14 “For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
Colossians 3:14 “And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.“
1 Peter 3:14 “But even if you should suffer for righteousness, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear or be disturbed…”
1 John 5:14 “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”
Question: What is your favorite bible verse for encouraging others? And does it have special significance to you? You can leave a comment by clicking here.